Monday 4 August 2014

Pagan Pride 2014

Pagan Pride Nottingham..
After a lot of trouble I went through.. rattle the Pagan Pride committee's cage for a few weeks on the Facebook because they didn't do anything after my suggestion last summer to provide interpreter.
I didn't want go through again, not able to go to workshop.. only watch dance workshops because of my deafness and no interpreter access.
I felt, without interpreter it was a waste of journey with my partner who was not a pagan himself.

Finally with unofficial blessing from Pagan Pride committee who was sick of seeing my comments on their Facebook page. We did a practice run with BSL interpreting the workshops at Pagan Pride in Nottingham yesterday (3rd August 2014)
Three lovely volunteer communicators assist with BSL communication. (Claire, Kelsie and Susana)
I felt it was a successful mission. I enjoyed the event much more and my deaf friends that I drag along to experience the atmosphere with me enjoyed it too.
It was hard work for them because it was outdoor and the speaker's voice was not at same volume because of the wind, background music and the speakers didn't stay still!
A few people approached and they praise the communicators for their hard work. they would like to see the interpreters there again next year.

We met a couple of deaf pagans - I was excited to meet them because I only know one deaf pagan in my whole life, now the doors are open for me to meet more deaf pagans because of the internet social media and Facebook.

There were plenty of stalls to look around and do our shopping. I saw a lovely green cloak but I didn't have much money on me (Damn!!)

We end the day with a good laugh and let our hair down at the belly dance workshop before we went home. my partner and friend filmed us.. we had a great laugh dancing.

Thanks Claire. Kelsie and Susana for making my day fantastic. I want to go again next year with support. Anyone want come with me?






 

No comments:

Post a Comment